Facebook event page
Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
333 North Laura Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Play is essential to development because it contributes to the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being of children. It has been recognized by the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights as a right of every child.
Over the past several years, we’ve seen the arts cuts from school curriculum as well as from state and city funding. The arts don’t merely develop a child’s creativity — the skills they learn from the arts spill over into academic achievement.
Join us as we hear from local leaders on play and its impact on a child's development.
Thanks to the experts joining us to discuss child development:
• Jackie Cornelius
, retired principal for Douglas Anderson School of the Arts
• Caitlín Doherty, Director for MOCA Jacksonville
• Jenny Lee Corvo, Researcher with specialties in neuroscience and psychology
• Allison Galloway-Gonzalez
, Chief Program Officer for Cathedral Arts Project, Inc.
• Jason Peoples, Executive Director for the Jacksonville Arts & Music School
• Joseph Peppers, CEO for Kids Hope Alliance
• Moderated by Karen Feagins
, Vice President for Client and Community Relations for PNC
More details: bit.ly/tedxkidsatplay