Join the family of Harold Kraai aka Uncle Bert in a remembrance vigil for his life but as well a call for justice and accountability.
Join us San Mateo Neighborhood Park.
The family of Uncle Bert as well as the community are demanding:
1) A transparent investigation take place with 911 calls as well the officer dash cam video be released to the public and media
2) JSO Cop Futch, an over 20-year veteran of the JSO with a history of disciplinary issues on the force, be arrested and charged with the death of Uncle Bert
3) JSO police officers are retrained and more frequently refreshed on dealing with victims with mental issues and mental episodes
4) The Mayor’s new budget include less money for the JSO but more money for public mental health services and resources to provide for our cities mentally ill
5) Police Accountability and community control of the police with civilian oversight over the JSO
Uncle Bert’s mother had previously numerous times sought help in getting Uncle Bert mental assistance, only to be told unless that she gave up her personal control,there is nothing they can do.
Mental health services and resources aren’t readily available in Jacksonville especially to working people.
What happened to Uncle Bert is a tragedy and those suffering from mental illness deserve better from the City of Jacksonville to prevent another tragedy like this from happening again.
The citizens of Duval county should demand answers on how Harold Kraai J.R/ Uncle Bert became the Victim of of Officer Futch, a officer with a long history of complaints.
We intend to seek justice and laws to change to protect those who can not protect themselves.
#JusticeForUncleBert #FundMentalHealthServices #NoNewJSO #PoliceAccountability #CommunityControl